Friday, August 14, 2009

Thou Shalt Let Alicia Be Alicia

Alicia wanted something a little different for "Turn the Tables" week.

ALICIA: I want to cheat!
ME: At what? Bridge?
ALICIA: No! I want to break every rule you've made me follow.
ME: Oh God.

That meant we were headed to Prisms.

ALICIA: No girls allowed!
ME: Does that rule out Brad?

It didn't.

BRAD: So you're letting her loose for a night, huh?
ME: It's what she wants.
BRAD: Let's hope she makes it to morning without having a crying fit.

She didn't even make it to midnight.

After performing "Lovefool" by The Cardigans, she tried to get some gay guy to make out with her on the dance floor. He refused, which I don't blame him for, but then he called her--

"A wasted mess."

Considering she'd only had two drinks, she wasn't too happy.

ALICIA: Am I a mess?
BRAD: Of course you are.
ALICIA: You mean of course I'm not?
BRAD: No, you are. I'm the honest one. Kevin's the nice one. Remember?

That was when the crying started.

The night ended with Alicia binging on Antonio's pizza while sitting in my passenger seat--Brad passed out drunk in the back--trying to remember the guys' numbers she used to drunk dial.

ALICIA: I think there was a "4" in it...Oh God, why did I delete those numbers? I need to get Ryan to sleep with me so he'll fall in love with me again! He loved my hips! MY HIPS!

Brad slept through the whole hurricane.

By the time I dropped her off at her place, Alicia was almost passed out too.

In the morning I got a text from Brad.

BRAD: Bet you wish it had been another learning experience, huh?

It was.

I learned never to do "Turn the Tables" week again.

No comments:

Post a Comment